Paradigm Persona B
ab CHF 11’380.00
Persona B - Passive Bookshelf / Stand-Mount Loudspeaker
Designed, engineered, and Completely Crafted in Canada, Persona celebrates the technological abilities of Paradigm engineering, untamed. Its exceptional craftsmanship and meticulous attention to detail makes a bold, beautiful statement. No other speaker in this class can match the performance innovation of Persona.
The Persona B Bookshelf/Stand-Mount Loudspeaker delivers the full performance benefits of Beryllium drivers. In fact, it is the only loudspeaker in its class that features the tandem Truextent® Beryllium tweeter and mid-range driver system, and nothing else. Experience remarkable transient response, surprising low-end extension, seamless blending and breathtaking transparency in places where floorstanding speakers may not be appropriate, or in a superior home theater system.
- Design: 2-driver, 2 way bookshelf bass reflex
- Crossover: 3rd order electro-acoustic at 2 kHz (tweeter/midbass)
- Frequency ResponseOn-Axis_ +/- 2dB from 60Hz - 45kHz
- Frequency Response 30° Off-Axis: +/- 2dB from 60Hz - 20kHz
- High Frequency Driver: 1" (25mm) Truextent® Beryllium dome, ferro-fluid damped / cooled, Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA™) Tweeter Lens, Finite Element Analysis (FEA) optimized pole piece assembly
- Midrange Frequency Driver: 7" (178mm) Truextent® Beryllium driver, Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA™) Lens, overmolded Active Ridge Technology (ART™) surrounds, SHOCK-MOUNT™ Isolation Mounting System, 1.5" high-temp tandem voice coil
- Low Frequency Extension: 36Hz
- Sensitivity Room / Anechoic: 92 dB / 89 dB
- Impedance: Compatible with 8 ohms
- Suitable Amplifier Power Range: 15 - 250 watts
- Maximum Input Power: 150 Watts
- Finishes: High Gloss: Vanta Black, Harmony White / Metallic Gloss: Aria Blue, Sonic Silver
- Weight: 31 lbs. (14 kg)
- Dimensions HxWxD: 17.125" × 8.875" × 13" (43.5cm × 22.5cm × 33cm)
Driver Materials - 99.9% Pure Beryllium
One of the keys to Persona’s luxury and value is our use of Beryllium, the absolute best diaphragm material, typically found only in speakers costing considerably more. Persona uses Truextent® Pure Beryllium that is specially formulated to be exponentially stiffer and significantly lighter than other premium diaphragm materials. It enables superior transient response and virtual transparency, with vanishingly low audible coloration.
Beryllium is a rare chemical element (Be) with low mass, high tensile strength and high thermal stability.
It is incredibly rigid and lightweight; everything an audio engineer desires in a speaker cone. In fact, Beryllium has been used in the audio industry since the 1970s. Because of its use in only the finest (and most expensive) audio equipment, it has retained a certain “cult” status.
Precise control of the manufacturing process produces Beryllium with a highly uniform grain structure. This material is many times more rigid and less dense than more common cone materials. In industry testing, our Beryllium cone material exhibits substantial improvements in durability, speed, and reduced interference. It can add more than an octave of distortion-free output.
Tandem Beryllium drivers reveal the full range of high performance.
Paradigm’s Persona is the only loudspeaker in its class to achieve this level of performance using Beryllium material for both midrange and tweeter drivers. Every model in the Persona Series features Truextent Beryllium driver systems, and each model achieves a truly unexpected level of high-resolution detail, depth and dynamics thanks in part to rare, extraordinary Beryllium.